© 2006-2017 dagger Electrics, All Rights Reserved.
Electronic & Electrical Engineers
Electrical Installation Condition Report
(Active from 01 Jan 2012)
Guidance for Recipients:
1. The purpose of this Condition Report is to confirm, so far as reasonably practicable, whether or not the electrical installation is in a satisfactory condition for continued service. The Report should identify any damage, deterioration, defects and/or conditions which may give arise to danger.
2. The person ordering the Report should have received the “original” Report and the inspector should have retained a duplicate.
3. The “original” Report should be retained in a safe place and be made available to any person inspecting or undertaking work on the electrical installation in the future. If the property is vacated, the Report will provide the new owner / occupier with details of the condition of the electrical installation at the time the Report was issued.
4. Where the installation incorporates a residual current device (RCD) there should be a notice at or near the device stating that it should be tested quarterly. For safety reasons it is important that this instruction is followed.
5. Section D of the Report should identify fully the extent